The Los Angeles Cactus and Succulent Society (LACSS) is proud to announce its annual Drought Tolerant Plant Festival, to be held on Saturday, June 9 (9:00 – 4:00) and Sunday, June 10 (9:00 – 3:00) at the Sepulveda Garden Center in Encino. Since its beginning in 1935, LACSS has hosted an annual Cactus and Succulent Show, which is now the largest in our area.
2018 Drought Tolerant Plant Festival Highlights:
- NEW! HANDS ON WORKSHOPS in potting, transplanting, and creating container gardens on BOTH Saturday and Sunday
- NEW! Kids’ Day Activities on BOTH Saturday and Sunday from 11 to 2 with games, crafts, plant-potting, and other educational activities
- NEW! Additional free parking AND FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE
- Exhibit hall featuring competition of cacti and succulents plus imaginative, prize-winning displays
- BETTER THAN EVER Sale of cacti, succulents, California natives, and drought-tolerant landscape plants
- Sale of rare and collectible drought-tolerant plants from around the world
- Sale of crafts, pottery, books, and gardening supplies
- Silent auctions
The Drought Tolerant Plant Festival admission is free and open to the public. Free parking is available at the Sepulveda Garden Center on Magnolia Blvd. and in adjacent and nearby lots (with shuttle service).